Friday, April 1, 2016

Castle Dungeons

And now for something completely different. I discovered a youtube channel by a guy who makes very cool scenery for his D&D games. It inspired me to try a project. I came up with the idea for making a set of dungeon tiles for below my castle. I wanted the entire thing to be a little less than 4'x4' (the footprint of the castle) and include things like food and water storage, guard rooms, dungeons, etc. They are made from heavy cardboard. They were then primed, covered in a coat of "make it stone", and then covered in another coat of dark grey primer.
After that, I dry-brushed them with a lighter grey to bring out the texture.
Here is the final result, populated with some Descent figures.
Another quick project from the same youtube channel made up some beds for the troops barracks.
When I get back to the states, I'll bring these with and populate more of the dungeon. I have an old model of the rack and a bid on a 28mm iron maiden to put in the torture chamber...

No comments: