Friday, February 23, 2018
Saturday, November 26, 2016
I tried my hand at making some simple dungeon tiles. They are made from a material similar to foam core, but without the paper. The pieces are cut to size, scored with a pen, and then rolled with a wad of aluminum foil to add texture. The tiles had a tendency to curl because of the scoring, so I glued each one to another unscored piece. The pieces were then primed and given two highlights. All in all, I think they turned out really well. The project cost less that $15 and only took a few hours. Here is an action shot.
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Saturday, November 5, 2016
At the toy store the other day, I stumbled upon a TOOB of sharks. I thought, with a little work, that they might work well for a game. There are 9 sharks inside, including a whale shark that is very different from the others in scale. There is also a manta ray. First I had to makes some bases for them. I used 25mm round bases with little bits of sprue glued on. I filled them in with putty and flocked them with sand. Then I got to work painting the sharks. I looked up pictures online for inspiration and variety. I think they turned out well!
Sunday, October 23, 2016
My next project is a small Lothern Sea Guard force. I'm starting it now, but won't have a lot of time to work on it for at least a few weeks. I did, however, finish up this little gull from the Lothern Skycutter sprue. I thought it would make a good familiar for the mage.